Welcome to Patterson High School
News: The St. Mary Parish School Board allocated funds
for student supplies and fees. PHS utilized this fund to
eliminate student fees for hallway lockers, PE lockers,
science lab equipment & supplies, and initial ID &
lanyard. Students will also receive one binder filled
with loose-leaf paper, and several pens & pencils.
Parents please take our:
School Parental Survey
classes, although no date was found, were held in an old one room building. The
building was of the simplest and crudest construction. Early citizens of Dutch
Prairie (now known as Patterson) built a two-story frame school in 1847. They
called it Pattersonville Academy.
1899, there were five in the graduating class. It was
certified as an approved high school in 1900.
PHS's first brick structure cost
$28,350.00 In this building our school
achieved many literary and scholastic honors
-- State Championship in Geometry in 1914,
State Championship in Track in 1922. The
football team even defeated Southwest
The first wing was built in 1953, the second
in 1958, and the third in 1963. It housed
grades 1 through 12 until 1969 and grades 4
- 12 until 1976.
In the fall of 1976, we moved into
our present building. We WERE PROUD THEN -- AND WE STILL ARE!
Today we have an enrollment of 500 plus students and we
are still achieving "EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION".
2525 Main Street
Patterson, LA 70392-1916
Phone (985) 395-2675
Fax (985) 395-5453